Friday, June 22, 2012

SAWCLicious: Salmon & Spinach Pasta

Hello to my readers... If I do have one! It's been a long time that I haven't posted anything. That's because I was in Manila for 3 weeks and it also means 3 weeks without having to cook for anything. Thanks to my brother and mom who prepares excellent home-cooked meals and to friends and family who I've been with on dinners and lunch. I just arrived in Brussels and I'm back to C&B (Cooking and Blogging!).

After pigging out in Manila, I have to come back to healthy eating so the first thing I did was to stuff the fridge with fish, vegetables, and fruits. Expect a lot of fish dishes on the way...  Today, I'll share a very simple  pasta recipe, easy to cook and very delicious.

Salmon and Spinach Pasta  



Ingredients (serves 2-3 persons)
  • 200g salmon fillet
  • 1 lemon
  • 3/4 cup cream sauce (I used the light cream sauce)
  • 3 cups of raw spinach
  • 4 cloves of minced garlic
  • 2 tbsp. grated lemon zest
  • 4 pcs. walnuts crushed 
  • Parmesan Cheese for garnishing
  • Olive Oil
  • Salt & Pepper
  • 1 tsp. sugar
  • Pasta (for 3 servings) I used Penne Pasta.
Procedure
  1. Pre-heat oven in 200degrees Celsius. In an oven-proof dish, place the salmon fillet (skin side down). Slice the lemon into half and squeeze in the juice of the lemon into the salmon, reserving the other half for later. Season the fillet with salt and pepper and place it in the oven.
  2. Once cooked, remove the salmon and flake it. Make sure you don't include the skin of the salmon fillet. 
  3. Cook the pasta according to package instruction.
  4. In a pan, heat around 3 tbsp. of olive oil. Saute garlic and walnuts together. Then, add the spinach and lemon zest.
  5. Once spinach is cooked, add the salmon, cream, sugar, and juice from the remaining half of the lemon. Simmer for 10 minutes. Mix in 1 tbsp. of parmesan cheese and 1-2 tbsp. of olive oil.
  6. Combine the pasta and sauce and serve!
Tip! Place an aluminum foil in the pan. This way, the skin of the salmon sticks on the foil which frees you from having to scrub the pan.

5 comments:

  1. you have readers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pasta dish! I'm glad to hear you had a nice time in Manila.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I did, it's too bad I was not able to take good pictures for my blog. On my next visit, I'll make sure I do that!

      Delete
  3. Nice dish Cindz! I'll make this soon. I need something easy and healthy dishes these coming days. :)

    ReplyDelete