Tuesday, June 26, 2012

SAWCLicious: Baked Parmesan Chicken

I'm very fortunate that my job allows me to work from home every Tuesday and Friday. While it is always nice to have this benefit, I also have to worry about what to eat especially since I'm alone. It's always bad when I don't have left-over in the fridge that you can reheat as it means I need to cook. Thus, I would normally find recipes that are easy to make. My favorite is to find dishes that I can just stick a pan into the oven and let it cook worry-free while I work. It also means less cleaning afterwards.

Baked Parmesan Chicken is a common recipe you find in the Internet. I changed a bit by using Japanese Bread Crumbs since that's all I got. I also used the Kraft Parmesan cheese that you can find easily in the grocery and I used thigh fillet since I got to find some in the grocery (which I rarely do here in Brussels!) I must say, I really love this dish! This could be my WFH recipe starting today!

Baked Parmesan Chicken



Ingredients (Serving for two)
  • 2 chicken breast or chicken thigh fillet
  • 3 tbsp. Parmesan grated cheese
  • 3 tbsp. Japanese Panko bread crumbs
  • 1 spring onions chopped
  • 1 tbsp. grated lemon rind
  • 2 tsp. lemon juice
  • 2 tbsp. melted butter
  • salt and pepper

Procedure
  1. Preheat over to 200 degrees Celsius. In a mixing bowl, combine  parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, spring onions, butter, and lemon rind.
  2. Place the chicken in an oven-proof dish. Season with salt and pepper. Place the mixture on top of the chicken and press it firmly into the chicken. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. 
  3. Plate the chicken and sprinkle some lemon juice on top of the chicken. 

6 comments:

  1. Hi again Cindy! I just cooked this for dinner and I loved it! I just substituted butter with EVOO and it still turned out yummy. I'm super happy with your recipes and I'm really glad you shared this blog with me. Who would have thought I'd be cooking more than fried eggs?! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Cha! :) Thanks for the appreciation. I'm so happy to know that you like my blog. keep reading...

      Delete