Saturday, June 23, 2012

Asian Beef Brisket Stew the SAWCLicious Way!

I just said I'm going to cook fish, but look at what I'm cooking! I L-O-V-E beef, and just to give an excuse, this nice piece of beef brisket  has been in my freezer for 2 months now. So, I need to cook it and enjoy a good stew! I really don't know how to call this stew as this is just something that we cook at home. I can say that it tastes in the middle of Korean Beef Stew and the Chinese Beef Brisket. That's the reason why I just named it the SAWCLicious Way! Mind you that this is a recipe from my mom and not really my original recipe. It's easy too cook and the nice part is you can either eat it with steamed rice or noodle. You can even add it in your wanton noodle soup for a good kick.

Asian Beef Brisket Stew the SAWCLicious Way!



Ingredients
  • 300 grams Beef Brisket
  • 1 cup soy sauce
  • 3/4 cup water
  • 3 tbsp. oyster sauce
  • 4 cloves garlic crushed
  • 3 pcs. Star Anise 
  • 6 whole peppercorns
  • 3-4 tbsp. white sugar
  • Green onions for garnishing

 Procedure
  1. In a pot, combine beef brisket, soy sauce, water, oyster sauce, garlic, star anise, peppercorns and bring to a boil. Then simmer in low-medium heat for 2-3 hours. 
  2. Mix in sugar and taste. If it's too salty, add more sugar. If it's too sweet, add more soy sauce.
  3. Serve with steamed rice or noodles!


4 comments:

  1. I love beef too! This dish looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. fantastic job.Thanks for sharing such a fantastic recipe.Keep up writing and giving us many more like this one.
    Beef brisket recipes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for such a wonderful comment. :)

      Delete